Sunday, May 15, 2011

High School Dances

Ugh... Every time I go to a high school dance, I'm repulsed. Although, there are beautiful boy ands girls everywhere and they're looking their best, I'm appalled. Grindfest, as I call it, that's what a high school dance is. Now, I understand grinding is the dance of our generation; however, there is a profound line that you should not cross. Touching your toes and rubbing your butt furiously on some guy is not dancing... it's having sex with clothes on. It's so bad that I feel the need to look away to give the couple some privacy, but then again, they're practically having sex in front of a hundred people.

I went to my boyfriend's senior prom last night. I witnessed one couple be approached (at least) 5 times because their dancing was too inappropriate. I have three thoughts that come to mind:
1. Aren't they embarrassed?
2. I really wish they would stop because I'm seriously disturbed.
3. How disrespectful!

I don't understand the need to "fight the man" and dance even harder on each other. If a teacher or principal has asked you to calm down your dancing, then you respect their boundaries and do it.

To top it all off, the girls that I saw grinding the hardest were with guys that treated them the worst, which I'll leave for my next entry because if I start on this issue now, I'll be here on this computer hours.

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU! That's how I feel and that's why I love going with all my friends. We always have a good time (: You looked stunning, btw.

    ReplyDelete